Cursor_sharing=FORCE causing "ORA-01008: not all variables bound" error on Oracle 10.2.0.4

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Today we experienced application failure caused by error:


Server Error in '/Complaints' Application.

ORA-01008: not all variables bound
ORA-02063: preceding line from APPDB

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: SyStem.Data.OleDb.OleDbEXception: ORA-01008: not all variables bound
ORA-020632 preceding line from APPDB

Source Error:

Line 615 : 'if (AppConfig. IsMTErrorHandlerUse("critica1"))
Line 616: Trace.TraceError(ea.0perationException.ToString());
Line 617: throw ea.OperationException;
Line 618: }
Line 619: }
Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ComplaintS\App_Code\InMotion\Web\Controls\MTDataSourceView.cs Line: 617
Stack Trace:
...
...



It was very hard to find cause of this error because at first sight cause is not easily noticeable even after double checking application code and tracing.


I've searched Metalink and Google for some useful information and found out that ORA-1008 can occur when using cursor_sharing=force/similar.

So I decided to test everything with cursor_sharing=EXACT (it was FORCE before) and suddenly everything worked without any error.

Now I'am searching on Metalink more information related to this issue (maybe some bug note) but till now haven't found anything useful.


If I find something useful I will update this post with additional information.
You can also help me with leaving note/bug number in comments.

Thanks!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  • Coskan Gundogar

    Hi Marko,

    753846.1
    5863277.8

    Looks like information about the problem you hit

  • Marko Sutic

    Hi Coskan,

    I've seen these two metalink notes but didn't mentioned them in my post because I think they are not closely related to this issue.

    Document related to bug 5863277 notes that 10.2.0.3 is affected and that this issue is fixed in 10.2.0.4 which I have already installed.

    And for bug 7154579 it is more likely that is related to this issue as it notes that affected version is 10.2.0.4 but I don't have showed portion in my 10046 trace and my issue is not related to data pump and table deletion.

    I think the problem is in OLE DB but don't have proof for this statement.

    Maybe I will open SR to get better explanation.

    Anyway thanks for your comment.

    Cheers!

  • Post a Comment